School Improvement Plan
Strategic Plan Goal Area 1: Safe & Thriving
Strategic Plan Outcome: All identities are valued and every student is included
Strategic Plan Measure: % of students reporting there is at least one adult who really cares about them.
School “SMART” Goal (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely):
90% of BASE 6-12th graders report that they have at least one adult that cares about them at school by the end of the 2023-24 school year, as measured by the district BASE MS/HS 2024 Student Survey Results and EL Education CREW Survey.
Strategic Plan Strategy: Create school-wide structures that intentionally build safe and inclusive learning environments
- Action: Survey students to gather data as to what actions they need that indicates an adult at school cares about them. Share survey results with staff.
- Action: Staff never trained in Crew will participate in EL Education Crew Training
- Action: Consistent Crew across all grade levels – Every Crew following the Crew Daily Topics and CREW CGRID/CGRAD Structures
- Action: At least 50% of staff in the hallways/meeting students at the doorway to greet students in between classes and at the start of class.
Strategic Plan Goal Area 2: Progress on Standards
Strategic Plan Outcome: All students demonstrate progress toward, and achievement, of the standards.
Strategic Plan Measure: The proficiency gap on the state ELA test between more and less advantaged students in grades 3-8 decreases. The ELA Achievement indicator 2-year average percentage of all students meeting the ELA achievement standard increases to 70%.
School “SMART” Goal (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely): By the date that state ELA scores are published for the 2023-24 school year, the proficiency gap on the state ELA test between more and less advantaged students in grades 6 – 8 decreases by 3%. By the date the state ELA scores are published for the 2023-24 school year, the 2-year average percentage of all students meeting the ELA achievement standard increases to 70%.
Strategic Plan Strategy: Learning targets and success criteria (rubrics) directing all instruction and assessment in all content and courses at all grade levels.
- Action: At least 75% of students in grades 6 – 9 are assessed for Reading Proficiency using Lexia PowerUp -Analyze results
- Action: 100% of all teachers explicitly communicate the learning targets and success criteria - identify the focus at the start of every class period to increase academic vocabulary and connect language to the learning in class.
- Action: 100% of LA assessments in Synergy aligned to course learning targets and assessed based on success criteria & rubrics.